Skip to main content

Support for remote start due to travel restrictions or personal circumstances

If you're unable to attend on-campus learning at the start of Semester One, find the support you need for your studies.

Student Services, Skills, Careers, the Library and Immigration Service are all able to provide services and support to students studying away from Bath.

Contact with your Director of Studies

If you're unable to study on campus at the start of Semester One, your Director of Studies will contact you to arrange a review point.

You can still access advice and guidance from your personal tutor while studying remotely.

You must arrive on campus no later than the first week of Semester Two, unless otherwise agreed with your Director of Studies, or if UK or local restrictions prevent the University from providing an on-campus, in-person experience.

Support from the Skills Centre

The Skills Centre can support your during your remote studies, with pre-sessional, academic, mathematics, language and digital skills.

Find out about the Skills support for Semester One with online and virtual options if you're studying remotely.

Support from the Library

The advice, extensive print and e-collections and services are accessible remotely for members of the University.

If you would like any help, please refer to the Library home page or contact our librarians at

Support from the Careers Service

You can access support online – meet with Careers and Application Advisers, attend employer-led events and participate in sector specific sessions to engage with Bath alumni.

If you would like to learn more about the services available, please refer to the Careers Service guide page or contact the Careers Service directly at

Support from the Student Immigration Service

You can find information for Student and Tier 4 visa holders on this guide page.

If you have any questions, please contact the Student Immigration Service.

Support from Student Services

Contact Student Services for support and guidance, including counselling and mental health, disability support, money management and international student advice.