Students and staff receive a full user account:
- Students will be notified of their account details via email. Accounts will be activated once they have registered with the University.
- Staff should go to the IT Service Desk in the library with either your library card or your contract and a form of ID to request an account.
Normally three types of accounts are issued:
- Wi-Fi only account, which grants the user access to the wireless networks (eduroam)
- Full account, which grants the user desktop and wireless access
- Full account with Moodle, which grants the user desktop, wireless and Moodle access (a valid email address is required)
All individuals accessing computing and network facilities are required to adhere to DDaT Policies and University Regulations Section 10.3. Activity is logged and monitored in accordance with DDaT Monitoring Policy.
Specific attention is drawn to:
Changing Your Password
You will have been issued with a randomly generated password. You can (and should if you will be using the account for more than a couple of days) change it using the Password Changer.
Help and Support
Please be aware that our services and facilities are primarily for the use of students and staff at the University. Visitors and guests will not generally be entitled to the same level of support as members of the University.