We consider nomination for membership of Council and its committees, members of Court and representation on external bodies.
We are responsible for considering nominations for membership of Council and its committees, including the roles of Chair, Vice-Chair and Treasurer. We also consider nominations for the role of Pro-Chancellor; members of Court nominated by Council, and the representation of the University on a number of external bodies.
You can find the full responsibilities of the committee in the terms of reference.
Find out about our meeting dates.
Council appoints members to committees for a term of one year which is subject to review. The terms of office expire on 31 July in the year stated.
- Pamela Chesters (Chair), Chair of Council, ex-officio
- Professor Ian White, Vice-Chancellor & President, ex-officio
- Dr Alan Hayes, Chair of Academic Assembly, ex-officio
- Tim Ford, Lay member of Council, elected by Council, term of office 2022
- Professor David Galbreath, Senior Member of Academic Staff, appointed by Chair, Non-voting
- Christine Gibbons, Lay Member of Council, elected by Council, term of office 2023
- Professor Dot Griffiths, Lay Member of Council, elected by Council, term of office 2022
- Annie Willingham, Student Governor, term of office 2022