We consider nomination for membership of Council and its committees, members of Court and representation on external bodies.
We are responsible for considering nominations for membership of Council and its committees, including the roles of Chair, Vice-Chair and Treasurer. We also consider nominations for the role of Pro-Chancellor; members of Court nominated by Council, and the representation of the University on a number of external bodies.
Full responsibilities of the committee are in the terms of reference.
Find out about our meeting dates.
Council appoints members to committees for a term of one year which is subject to review. The terms of office expire on 31 July in the year stated.
- Pamela Chesters (Chair), Chair of Council, ex-officio
- Professor Ian White, Vice-Chancellor & President, ex-officio
- Professor Alan Hayes, Chair of Academic Assembly, appointed by Council, term of office 2024
- Tim Ford, appointed by Council, term of office 2024
- Professor Dot Griffiths, appointed by Council, term of office 2024
- Jimena Alamo, Student Governor, term of office 2024