We decide the remuneration of senior officers of the University.
The Council has delegated to the Remuneration Committee (“the Committee”) the authority to determine the remuneration and contractual arrangements of certain senior employees of the University in the context of the remuneration of all employees of the University.
You can find information about the full responsibilities of the committee in the terms of reference.
Find out about our meeting dates.
Council appoints members to committees for a term of one year which is subject to review. The terms of office expire on 31 July in the year stated.
- Mrs C Gibbons (Chair), Lay member of Council, elected by Council, term of office 2023
- Mr J Preston, Univeristy Treasurer, ex-officio
- Mrs P Chesters, Chair of Council, ex-officio, non-voting
- Mr M Hameed, Staff Member of Council, elected by staff members of Council, term of office 2021
- Mr F Masala, Student Governor, term of office 2021
- Mrs C Mealing-Jones, Lay member of Council, elected by Council, term of office 2021
The Director of Human Resources routinely attends meetings of the committee (amended by Council 30 November 2017, 24 October 2017, 19 July 2018, 18 July 2019).