We run a highly successful industrial placements programme. Most of our undergraduates spend a year in industry after their third academic year.
Advanced Materials and Porous Solids
Tel: +44 (0) 1225 386501
Biochemical and Biomedical Engineering
Tel: +44 (0) 1225 386349
Catalysis and Reaction Engineering
Tel: +44 (0) 1225 386440
Tel: +44 (0) 1225 386961
We have extensive links with businesses of all sizes. Our clients work in a range of sectors, including:
- Consumer products
We also share our expertise and experience with companies through knowledge transfer partnerships.
Research and development
Our research and development work can include:
- Contract research
- Part-public funded projects
- Provision of technical advice
- Design and construction of experimental apparatus
- Development of mathematical models and simulations
- Preparation of expert critical literature reviews
- Writing technical reports
- Technical and environmental assessment of alternative technologies
- Running technical courses
- Expert witnesses
- Staff exchanges and secondments.
Our computing and laboratory facilities range from bench scale to pilot scale. They include:
- Biolabs (up to Class II) and cold rooms
- Membranes and adsorbents for separating gases and vapours
- Microchannel reactors
- An underground bunker for the improved oil recovery laboratory
- Dedicated facilities for acid recovery and handling
- The ability to study materials in a supercritical fluid
- Cells for high-pressure experiments.
We also offer the potential to install tall pilot plants in areas with 8m head room and remote control external access, which is important for deliveries of perishable feedstocks.