Industrial Advisory Board
We also have a dedicated Industrial Advisory Board made up of senior industrialists who advise us on our degree programmes and research.
We operate a highly successful industrial placements programme, in which undergraduate students spend a year working in industry.
We also place students for shorter vacation projects.
We have extensive links with industry and work with businesses ranging from the small to the multinational.
Our industrial partners work in areas such as:
- advanced electronics
- electrical power
- remote sensing
We also help companies improve their performance through knowledge transfer partnerships.
Academics who are interested in getting involved with KTPs can find out more through the Research Development & Support Office.
Working with us
Industrial connection can involve:
- contract research
- part-public funded projects (e.g. via DTI LINK, teaching company scheme and industrial CASE projects)
- provision of technical advice
- design and construction of experimental apparatus
- development of mathematical models and simulations
- preparation of expert critical literature reviews
- writing technical reports
- technical and environmental assessment of alternative technologies
- running technical courses in areas of core expertise
- expert witnesses
- staff exchanges
- staff secondment.
For more details about individual areas of expertise see our staff list.
For general enquiries contact our Department office, who will forward your query to the most suitable member of staff.