Extending your contents insurance policy
Your contents insurance gives you a basic level of cover for your belongings. If you want to protect more of your items, you will need to extend the policy.
Extending your insurance
The basic cover is for items in your room. It also covers you while you're travelling to your accommodation to move in, and when you move out at the end of the academic year.
You'll also be able to extend the insurance policy to cover your belongings when you are outside your accommodation.
Extending your cover will mean you have to pay more for your policy.
When to extend your cover
You should extend your cover if any of the following things apply to you:
- the total value of your possessions exceeds £7,500
- you take your possessions outside of your accommodation
- your computer equipment is worth more than £2,500
- you would like accidental damage cover
- you would like to cover your bicycle
- you want cover for your tuition fees