To take part in this research study, you must be:
- 18 years old or over
- able to speak English at a conversational level
- identify with experiencing OCD (specifically difficulties which may be understood as mental contamination and an experience of betrayal)
What you’ll do
This study has three phases.
- You’ll complete a brief 10-minute eligibility call with a member of the research team. This will take place online using Microsoft Teams.
- If you are accepted for the study after this call, you’ll receive an invitation to complete four online questionnaires. This will take around 20 minutes in total.
- The study will finish with a 60-minute interview with a researcher (this is dependent on your responses to the questionnaires and your suitability for the interview). During this, you’ll talk about your experiences of OCD and experiences of betrayal. This will take place online using Microsoft Teams.
What you’ll get
Upon completion of the eligibility call, questionnaires and interview, you will receive £30.
If you are invited to take part in the questionnaires (and complete them), but not the interview, you will receive £10.
This project has been given a favourable opinion by the University of Bath, Psychology Research Ethics Committee (PREC) [reference: 23-011].