We created WISE to meet a growing need in the water industry for more interdisciplinary scientists and engineers. Bringing together informatics, science and engineering, we train researchers in new ways to manage water cycles both sustainably and effectively. Our CDT is delivered by the GW4 alliance universities: Bath, Bristol, Cardiff and Exeter.
Being part of a Centre for Doctoral Training gives you the opportunity to build transferable skills to complement your research. You'll have academic support from four partner institutions known for excellence in research, education and scholarships. Our programme also includes:
- integrated technical training
- annual week-long summer school
- opportunities to attend and present at conferences worldwide
- opportunities to do a three-month placement with companies such as Wessex Water, OSIsoft, Arup or IBM
- opportunities to take a sabbatical at a leading university such as MIT, EPFT or the National University of Singapore