Use our guides to getting Assistive Technology help as a student or as a member of staff to find out how you can borrow equipment. The following items are available to loan, to trial or to help you work or study.
Use our hearing loops
Staff and students can borrow our easy set-up Geemarc Loop Hear 101 personal induction loop for short periods. It can be used in rooms which do not have hearing loops, for events or for accessibility provision for visitors with hearing impairment.
Create tactile (3D) diagrams
Loan other equipment
- A wide range of keyboards and mice to ensure good ergonomics workstation
- ABiSee and Zoom-Ex to read books out loud
- Digital voice recorders and microphones to record your lectures or interviews
- Dolphin keyboard to make navigating supernova software even easier
- Humanware Brailliant - refreshable braille display to read text in Braille
- Humanware Prodigi tablet - magnify text and have it read back to you
- Various sizes of laptops to be able to carry out your work and use AT software
- Ziggi document camera to record and stream images to your devices
- Scanning pens - portable text to speech solution, which works with printed text
- Tablets and styluses
- One by Wacom - Pen tablet
- Noise Cancelling Headphones
- Andrea Headsets to use with text-to-speech or speech-to-text software
We provide support with Assistive Technology solutions for Exams. If you require any additional support for your Exams, please contact Disability Services.
We provide laptops for the exams run by the Exams Office and are able to install assistive technology software at the Exam’s Office request. The Assistive Technology Team is not able to loan laptops for class tests or departmental exams, we are however able to provide assistive technology software to run on departmental laptops.