A scholarship fund to support full- or part-time graduates, with a BSc or MPhys qualification, who wish to study towards a doctorate in physics and are from groups that are currently under-represented in physics. More details on the funding scheme and the eligibility criteria can be found the Bell Burnell Graduate Scholarship guide.
STFC PhD studentships
Our research group regularly receives PhD studentship allocations from the Science and Technology Facilities Council (STFC). When new allocations are announced, they are advertised on FindaPhD.com and will be linked from this page as well. Please stay tuned for opportunities to engage with researchers in the Bath Astrophysics team!
For an overview of research and members of the Bath Astrophysics group, please click here.
Please contact us several months prior to the deadline of the funding agency. This will allow us time to run the internal selection procedure and support you with your application.
- two-year fellowships for recent PhDs (within two years of completion)
- funding for three years for those with UK degree
- PhD submitted and less than five years postdoctoral experience
- must not have permanent post in the UK
- run through British Academy, the Royal Academy of Engineering and the Royal Society
- for non-UK citizens who are not already working in the UK
- two year fellowships
- for early career researchers who do not have an academic position
- five year fellowships
- for early career researchers and innovators with outstanding potential
- UK and international applicants
- seven years of support available on a 4+3 model, with a review in year four.
- for early/mid-career stage (three to eight years postdoctoral experience) who do not have permanent position in EEA (European Economic Area)
- must be EEA citizens or have EEA connection (e.g. postdoctoral position held)
- five years with possibility for an extension of three years