Criteria for entering the Doctoral Insta Competitions
This guide outlines the eligibility, criteria and the terms and conditions for entering the competitions.
About the Doctoral Insta Competition
This competition gives you the opportunity to share images that relate to you as a researcher at the University of Bath, following a set of themes. These themes can be found on the competition's website, with further details being released on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and in the Doctoral Digest.
Terms and Conditions
- You must be registered on any doctoral programme at the University of Bath, and not have graduated to win and receive the prize.
- The prize amount is a £5 High Street Voucher that will be sent digitally to the winner's University email address.
- There is no alternative to the prize, however we reserve the right to substitute the prize for an alternative of equal value.
- You may only enter each competition once, using only one image.
- Each entry must use the correct Hashtag on Instagram for the entry to count.
- By using the Hashtag, users accept and understand their entry will be reposted on the Doctoral College Instagram account and maybe used on other sources of media.
- Entries must be posted to the user's profile. Entries sent via Instagram stories, through the messenger or any other means will not be counted.
- The winner will be selected from all entries received before 23:59 on the closing date of each competition. Dates can be found here.
- A staff panel will decide the final winner for each competition, which will be binding. No correspondence will be entered in to.
- The winner will be notified via Instagram.
- The winner's picture will be potentially featured in other University communications, such as University managed social media and the Doctoral Digest.
- Entries made using other means, such as email or other social media sites, including ones owned by the same corporation will not be counted.
- Entries will be subject to moderation. We reserve the right to deem an entry to be ineligible should it contain offensive, inappropriate, obscene, unlawful or otherwise objectionable content.
- Entries must comply with Instagram's Community Guidlines.
- The promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram. By participating in this promotion you agree to a complete release of Instagram from any claims.
- Entries that do not comply in full with these terms and conditions will be disqualified.