We communicate the strength and breadth of the University's academic research, externally and internally. This raises the University's profile nationally and internationally, and helps our research generate impact.
This exposure is particularly important when promoting case studies for the next Research Excellence Framework, expected in 2020.
We work with teams across the University, which encourages internal collaboration for the marketing and communication of research between our Faculties and School.
The teams we work with include:
- Impact team (RIS)
- Press Office
- Internal Communications
- Public Engagement
- Research Innovation Services
- Researcher Development Unit
- Development & Alumni Relations
- International Relations Office
- all faculty and institute marketing teams
Read our blog to find out more about our work.
How we can help you
Academics and researchers
We can give you advice on marketing and communication strategies for promoting your research. We will help you work out what you want to achieve and how you can reach the people you want to reach.
Ideally, involve us from when you first plan your research communications through your 'Pathways to Impact' within your proposal development. We'll help with budgeting and planning to make your proposal as strong as possible, increasing your chance of receiving funding.
Your marketing and communications plan
You can receive funding through Pathways to Impact or from alternative sources. In either case, we can work with you, collaborators and funding councils to create a plan to raise your profile. This will help you reach new audiences and make an impact with your research.
Examples of how we can support you include:
- publicising your findings in specialist or sector press
- using social media, comment articles and videos to raise your profile as an expert
- highlighting your research on campus
- recommending conferences and events, including speaking opportunities
- announcing your new research funding in collaboration with the funding council
- promoting your research within third-party organisations
- helping you recruit research participants
- helping you put research findings in front of those that can use them in their work
Whether you're in industry, policy or civil society, we can get you access to experts in:
- engineering and design
- social sciences