Skip to main content

How you will be supported as a student if you're self-isolating

If you are self-isolating for any reason, you must tell us. Find out what support is available to you and how you can continue your academic studies.

When you need to take a Covid-19 test or self-isolate

You must tell us if you are self-isolating.

If you're unsure if you need to self-isolate or take a Covid-19 test, read our guidance for students that can help you decide. This page also tells you how to get an LFD or PCR test.

Support with your studies

You will have access to online materials and support while you're self-isolating and unable to come to campus. This may include recorded online lectures, lecture slides and seminar notes. You can also contact your lecture and seminar leaders with any questions.

If you have any questions or concerns while studying during self-isolation, you can contact your Director of Studies or Personal Tutor for advice. We publish a list of Directors of Studies if you're unsure who to contact.

Support is also available online through the Library and Academic Skills Centre.

We hope you will be able to continue your studies and engage with any assessments you may have while self-isolating, if you're well enough to do so. However, we have a range of measures to support students whose studies or assessments are disrupted by Covid-19 (or for other reasons).

Support beyond your studies

If you need urgent help contact Security on 666 on a campus landline or 01225 383999 on a mobile. You can also email or use the SafeZone app.

If you have any concerns about your wellbeing while self-isolating you can speak to our Wellbeing Service.

We also have further guidance on self-isolating in University accommodation.

Tell us if you are self-isolating

Complete the form


If you have any questions, please contact us.