We regret that our 10-week Italian courses are not running in Semester 1 2022/23. We hope to resume the courses in Semester 2.
In addition to our courses, there are opportunities to develop your language and intercultural skills informally with other students through Peer Assisted Learning.
We offer 3 course levels in Italian, beginner, lower intermediate and advanced.
This course is ideal for you if you have never studied Italian before.
At the end of this course you will:
- have received an introduction to the language (pronunciation, vocabulary and grammar)
- be able to talk about topics such as food, free time, holidays, daily routine
- have learnt about Italian culture and society
Lower Intermediate Part 1
Enrol on this course if you have completed the beginner course with us or have studied Italian for at least a year, or if you:
- can introduce yourself (name, nationality, age, address and phone number etc)
- can order food in a restaurant
- can express likes and dislikes
- have basic grammatical knowledge (verbs in the present, negative form etc)
Advanced Part 1
Enrol on this course if you have studied Italian for at least 3 years or completed the B2 level of the Common European Framework, or if you can:
- express yourself fluently in Italian
- understand complex spoken or written Italian with ease, including different registers
- use the language flexibly and effectively for social, academic and professional purposes
- understand authentic broadcasts (news bulletins, TV programs, podcasts, etc.)
- have a sound understanding of Italian grammar and syntax