We currently offer two course levels in Italian: beginner and lower intermediate.
This course is ideal for you if you have never studied Italian before.
At the end of this course you will:
- have received an introduction to the language (pronunciation, vocabulary and grammar)
- be able to talk about topics such as food, free time, holidays, daily routine
- have learnt about Italian culture and society
Lower Intermediate Part 1
Enrol on this course if you have completed the beginner course with us or have studied Italian for at least a year, or if you:
- can introduce yourself (name, nationality, age, address and phone number etc)
- can order food in a restaurant
- can express likes and dislikes and personal opinions
- have basic grammatical knowledge (verbs in the present, present perfect, reflexive verbs and the negative form etc)
Learning Italian this year has been a truly enriching experience! It has been an exciting journey where I discovered the beauty of the Italian language and the vibrant Italian culture. The interactive lessons were engaging and enjoyable, making each class a great experience. I highly recommend this Italian course to anyone seeking to learn a new language. Grazie mille! (Nadine Mansour, BSc Psychology)
In addition to our courses, there are opportunities to develop your language and intercultural skills informally with other students through Peer Assisted Learning.
Outside the classroom, we also share cultural events organised by Italian associations in the UK such as the Istituto italiano di cultura in London and British Italian Society with our students. These events offer additional opportunities for you to develop your knowledge of Italian language and culture.
Enrolment for the Semester 2 2022/23 language courses is now closed.