What is a virtual exchange?
Virtual Exchange is a short project that brings students from different parts of the world and different cultural backgrounds together online.
The exchange gives students from the University of Bath an opportunity to interact in English and the foreign language with a student from a partner university overseas and discuss a variety of topics. The sessions are not language lessons, but a chance to meet an exchange partner with similar interests and share an intercultural experience together.
"The joy of having an exchange partner is about engaging in another culture and learning about the lifestyles of individuals living in a different part of the world." (Natalie Page, MRes International Development)
Read Natalie Page's experience of a Virtual Exchange with Xi'An International University.
What virtual exchanges are running?
Virtual exchanges are currently running with the following institutions:
- France - École normale supérieure de Lyon: more information on this exchange
- China - Xi’an International University (XAIU): more information on this exchange
- Jordan - Princess Sumaya University for Technology (PSUT): more information on this exchange
How can I take part?
Contact the relevant Teaching Fellow to register your interest in the virtual exchanges:
- France: Anne-Catherine Mechler
- China: Daisy Zhu - complete this expression of interest form
- Jordan: Khalil Estaytieh
In the email, please include a few lines about why you want to take part in the exchange and what your current level of the foreign language is.
To take part in an exchange in Semester 2 2022/23, please apply by 20 February 2023.