Virtual Exchange is a short project that brings students from different parts of the world and different cultural backgrounds together online.
The exchange gives students from the University of Bath an opportunity to interact in English and the foreign language with a student from a partner university overseas and discuss a variety of topics. The sessions are not language lessons, but a chance to meet an exchange partner with similar interests and share an intercultural experience together.
"The joy of having an exchange partner is about engaging in another culture and learning about the lifestyles of individuals living in a different part of the world." (Natalie Page, MRes International Development)
Our virtual exchanges
Virtual exchanges are currently running with the following institutions:
- France (École normale supérieure de Lyon): more information on this exchange
- China (Xi’an International University (XAIU)): more information on this exchange
- Jordan (Princess Sumaya University for Technology (PSUT)): more information on this exchange
- Italy (Roma Tre University): more information on this exchange
- Germany (Europa-Universität Viadrina Frankfurt (Oder)): more information on this exchange
How to take part
Please read the information for each exchange and complete the expression of interest form or contact the exchange coordinator.
"I would without doubt recommend taking part in a virtual exchange. There’s no replacement for having proper conversations with a native speaker when it comes to improving your language skills." (Hannah Glover, MChem)