Hard binding for your final submission
In the first instance refer to the Specifications for Higher Degree Theses for information on the presentation of your thesis.
Follow our step by step guide to getting the final version of your doctoral thesis or portfolio printed and hard bound:
- Convert your file to PDF format and save the file with your last name at the beginning of the file name.
- Email the PDF to email@example.com.
- Include in your email the number of copies required, whether you would like it printed single or double sided, whether the file is to be printed black and white or colour and that hard binding is required.
- We will email you the total cost for the printing and binding and an editable PDF form for you to fill out and email back to us with the full details. See our printing and binding price lists. Cloth colour for hard binding: PhD- Maroon Professional Doctorate (EdD, DBA, EngD, DHealth, DClinPsy and DPRP) – dark green MPhil – Black MD – Red MS – Royal Blue
- Payment is required before we print and bind your thesis, Payment can be made by using our online system, Email firstname.lastname@example.org for further details.
- Once payment has been received we will provide you with a receipt and aim to print your thesis within 24 hours.
- We recommend the printed copies of the hard bindings be checked over by yourself before they are sent for binding as we cannot be held accountable for any printing errors made otherwise. Extra time for completion may be incurred if there are delays in checking the printed copies.
- Once checked and approved, your thesis will be sent off campus for hard binding by 10am Thursday and will be returned the following Thursday by 4pm. Allow 7 to 10 working days for the whole process to be completed.
- We will email when your theses are ready for collection from Print Services in 8 West Room 1.35, alternativley we can arrange a postal option and arrange for a copy of your thesis to be delivered directly to the Doctoral College.
How to submit your files for printing
Follow our guide about how to submit your files for printing.
How to find us and opening times
Find us on campus in 8 West Room 1.35. Take a look at our opening times and and how to find us guide.