Development and implementation of innovative tools to restrict the phenomenon of unregistered labour
A project to develop and implement mechanisms which reduce ‘undeclared work’ activity.
About this research
Professor Sue Maguire is part of a team led by the Center for Social and Economic Research (CASE) in Warsaw, Poland, which has been commissioned by the Polish Institute of European Projects to undertake a research project whose overall aim is to develop and implement mechanisms which reduce ‘undeclared work’ activity.
Professor Maguire’s role in the project is to:
Undertake a case study of undeclared employment in the UK, incorporating:
- Analysis of employment legislation;
- Review of literature on undeclared work;
- Analysis of UK policies aimed at reducing the incidence of illegal employment;
- Review materials used to discourage undeclared work.
Advise on the development of qualitative methodology to support research with staff and clients at local labour offices in Poland.
The project, which commenced in June 2018, will be completed in May 2020.
- European Funds for Knowledge Education Development
- Republic of Poland
- European Social Fund