Choose the payment method that best suits you.
- This is our recommended payment method
- Payment is in instalments only
- Direct Debits are only available from UK bank accounts
- Make sure you have enough money in your bank account to cover your instalment
- Check if you already have a Direct Debit set up by logging into your Accommodation Account and selecting the Direct Debit tab
- If you need to set up a Direct Debit or change any of your existing details please contact the West Accommodation Centre
Credit or debit card
- Payment of accommodation fees made by credit card will incur a fee of 1% of the total transaction value
- Payment will be taken in the local currency of the card, unless you state £GBP (Pounds Sterling) at the time you accept your accommodation contract
- You must make sure that you have enough funds before you pay
- Be aware that your bank card may have a limit on large payments
- We are unable to accept Diners’ Cards
- You can make a payment online by logging into your accommodation account
Bank transfers and direct transfers
- You must allow at least ten working days for funds to reach the University's account
- Use your name, room number and student number as the reference for your bank transfer
University bank account details
Barclays Bank plc
4-5 Southgate Street
Account Name: University of Bath
Account Number: 00981303
Sort Code: 20-05-06
SWIFTBIC: BARC GB 22
IBAN: GB90 BARC 20050600981303
VAT Reg. Number: GB 639 5421 22
Before transferring any funds into our bank account, make sure your reference information is correct. This will help us identify your payment.
International bank transfers
When making a transfer, you must include:
- Your student ID or your full name
- Your room number
- 'Toward accommodation' as the reference
- You must allow at least fifteen working days for funds to reach the University's account
- The bank may make a charge of between £6 and £18 for this service, so make sure you adjust the amount you transfer to compensate for this
Pay to Study
To use the most secure method of international bank transfer, send your funds through Pay to Study.
This allows you to securely send international bank transfers for payment of accommodation fees in sterling, at a competitive exchange rate.
As the bank transfer is made in your local currency there are no expensive international bank charges.