We have particular expertise in:
The MPhil and PhD programme provides an opportunity for students to undertake original research with our department.
We provide a strong environment in which to study, with close connections to industry, public and voluntary sectors and we are able to assist with research publication.
In addition, we have a regular programme of academic seminars from both visiting and internal speakers.
- A range of statistical and econometric software for data analysis, including Stata, SPSS, LIMDEP, RATS, MICROFIT, Minitab and EViews.
- Access to a large range of databases such as Thomson Reuters Datastream and OECD iLibrary.
- Access to postgraduate workroom, with individual PCs, desk-space and storage space for books.
- Excellent computer facilities and online resources (e.g., online journals).
- Access to our 24-hour Library.
- The opportunity to enhance skills and knowledge in a wide range of short and longer courses.
Research at the University of Bath
Applications and funding
We encourage students to undertake one of our Masters programmes prior to commencing a research degree.
The Faculty of Humanities & Social Sciences Graduate School provides guidance on potential sources of funding (scholarships and studentships) for postgraduate students.
We recommend you read our guidance for applicants and have sufficient funds before applying.