MBA projects help organisations address issues within their business that their permanent staff lack either the time or the specialist expertise to conduct themselves. They are a cost-effective way of bringing in expertise on a consultancy-style basis to help address a specific business issue.
The student brought expertise and experience to a high-risk project. She rapidly assimilated the background to the problem and analysed the business context with skill. She went on to devise a tool that we are planning to use commercially.
Dr Chris Murphy, Principal Staff Engineer, Motorola
The three-month consultancy project (usually taking place from June to September) forms the concluding part of the Bath MBA programme; it must address a real business problem or issue and it represents a significant part of the students' qualification.
Organisations are closely involved in defining the remit of the consultancy exercise, and they are able to select the student whose experience and skills best reflect their requirements.
What are the benefits to my organisation?
- professional, high quality consultancy and research conducted at a fraction of the cost of a mainstream provider
- individuals working for you who have a highly international perspective and recent learning from leading academics and practitioners
- tangible results, typically a project report and presentation, within a short timescale
- balanced input drawn from the latest thinking, theory and practice and supported by supervision from a School of Management academic
- the opportunity to observe potential future recruits
Companies who are interested in the scheme can be entered onto our projects mailing list at any time. For more detailed information please see the MBA Business Projects Scheme Leaflet.
Recruiting our Students - Company Presentations
Companies looking to recruit MBA students are encouraged to make presentations at the School of Management about their organisations and career prospects. If you wish to take this opportunity we would be happy to make the arrangements.
Room facilities for presentations and interviews can be made available on request. If you would like to interview selected candidates, we can help to arrange an interview schedule for you at the School or at your own offices.
We welcome appropriate presentations throughout the year but most will take place between November and May of each academic year. These services are free of charge to employers.