It was a fantastic experience that broadened my mind on a personal, business and cultural level
Nicola Lee MBA 2010
Global Residencies provide an intensive 7 days of international study and are open to both full-time and part-time MBA students. These study tours typically include lectures, case studies, company visits and student presentations on a company project and cultural awareness events as well as the opportunity to visit local sites of interest.
During 2012/13 Global Residencies will be offered to MBA students in collaboration with a leading business school in Beijing, China (University of Tsinghua).
Associated benefits include:
- Raising awareness of international management issues through exposure to the business environment of another country;
- Understanding the impact of different political, economic, social and technological contexts on business activity;
- Undertaking a project and applying knowledge from the classroom to a live situation;
- Gaining practical insight into companies operating in China;
- Networking with MBA alumni in Beijing during the Tsinghua Global Residency
It allowed me to put a global context around what I have already learned in the lecture theatre. It was an incredibly interesting experience the learning from which I will revisit very often in my future career.
Laura Janes MBA 2010
For more information contact:
International Relations Coordinator
Tel: +44 (0) 1225 383861
- 7 days in June, 2013
- 8th - 15th June ( Tsinghua, Beijing).
- Availability: Full-time and part-time, Executive MBA students.
- Programme Cost: Approx. £1200 to include lectures, 3-4* accommodation, meals, cultural and company visits.
- Additional information: Students will need to budget for their transport to the host country.