We're awarding grants of £500 or £1,000 which can be used for living costs or activities that will enhance your learning during your placement year. Funding is limited and not guaranteed for all students.
Applications are open this year until 25 June 2020.
- be a UK student and be registered on a full-time campus based Faculty of Humanities & Social Sciences undergraduate course
- not be in receipt of a commercial scholarship
- be expecting to begin your placement in 2020 to 2021
As part of our decision process, we will also take into account if:
- you are a care leaver
- you are a mature student
- you entered university with an Access qualification
- you, your partner or a parent or guardian receives a state means-tested benefit
- your home is in a neighbourhood with low participation in higher education
- your home is in a neighbourhood with low social mobility
- your school/college performance is below average (as supplied by UCAS)
- you have a disability which may incur additional costs whilst on placement (please specify in the ‘Other’ option on the application form
- you are a young carer
- you are an irreconcilably estranged student
- you are a refugee
- you are an asylum seeker
- you are a Bath Bursary recipient
- you are a Gold Scholarship recipient
- you are an Alumni Fund recipient
You do not need to provide evidence of this as the panel will have access to this information.
Additional terms and conditions
If you withdraw or suspend from your placement before completing (other than in exceptional circumstances, such as illness) you will need to repay the award.
Further information is available in the terms and conditions.