Using the Sustainable Development Goals (SDG’s) as a framework, we seek to bring together scientists, engineers and social scientists to research and develop solutions for the interconnected economic, social, environmental and health challenges we face in the UK and globally.
Sustainable futures and healthy living
Exploring the interconnected economic, social, environmental and health challenges we face in the UK and globally.
Learn more about our research and activities in this area
Current research projects
Our current research projects in this area
- The social and economic consequences of health: Causal analysis using intergenerational UK data
- IPED use in the United Kingdom
- Advice services and health outcomes
- Efficiency, effectiveness and public trust in policing in the era of austerity (PhD project)
- Tackling the Root causes Upstream of Unhealthy Urban Development
What is TRUUD?
Learn more about the TRUUD project
Learn more about our activities in this area
- ActNowFilm - a youth voices film project produced in partnership with Cambridge Zero and the UK Universities Climate Network.
- Our oceans: A deep dive - a public lecture series exploring the world’s oceans and what climate change, maritime trade and strategic conflict mean for their future.
- UK Universities Climate Network (UUCN) - a growing group of over 80 UK universities and research centres working together to promote a zero carbon, resilient future.
Other research themes
Learn more about our other research themes
Get in touch