Work by members of this Centre focusses on the following key themes:
- precarity and marginality
- conflict experience of marginalised groups
- humanitarian and civil society responses to conflict & disaster
- migration, migration governance and complex inequalities
- political economies of conflict, mobility and migration
- social and political mobilisation in settings of conflict & migration
- intersections between humanitarian response, conflict prevention and social policy
Research by members of the Centre feeds directly into our teaching, including on the MSc Humanitarianism, Conflict & Development, MSc International Development with Conflict & Humanitarian Action and the MSc in Public Policy.
In 2020 our work was highlighted in the successful application by the University of Bath for ‘University of Sanctuary’ status.