You can use the wiki page linked to below to read a full explanation of the academic decision code you receive with your results. This explanation will help you understand your results and any next steps for you. This is the decision about your progression/award that has been agreed by the Board of Studies.
Academic decision codes for the 2023/24 academic year
Read the full list of decision codes and their meanings on this wiki page.
The explanation of your decision may include a recommendation to contact your course administrator or your department/the School. You can contact them in the following ways:
- Engineering & Design students should log in to the self-service portal
- Humanities & Social Sciences students should consult the Faculty taught programmes team contacts web page
- Management students - undergraduates should email firstname.lastname@example.org and MSc students should consult the MSc team contacts web page
- Science students should consult the Faculty taught programmes team contacts web page
The following further information is also available about results:
- Understanding your results - information on what you will see when your results are released, getting a transcript, how results are agreed for taught courses and where to get additional support and advice
- Get your results - dates for the release of results, following an exam and assessment period
Academic decision codes for the 2022/23 academic year
Read the full list of decision codes and their meanings on our wiki page.
If you received a final progression or award decision on SAMIS on Monday 23 October 2023 (for finalist UG students) or Thursday 16 November 2023 (for continuing UG, PGT and online Masters students) please visit Academic decision codes for final (previously MAB affected) decisions 2022-23 to understand what that decision means.
If you received an interim progression or award decision on SAMIS please visit Academic decision codes for interim decisions 2022-23 to understand what that decision means.
Academic Decision Codes from previous academic years
We have published the codes and their meanings in the 2019/20, 2020/21 and 2021/22 academic years on Academic Decision Codes from previous academic years (bath.ac.uk).
Further advice and support
The University understands that sometimes your results may not be what you were hoping for or expecting. Please remember that there are many sources of support for you here at the University, both academically and more personally. Please do reach out to talk to someone. Whether it is for some advice on what these results may mean for you, or for assistance with other issues which might concern you, a conversation is a good starting point and can help you plan a way forward.
Student Support can provide help for your wellbeing through its Wellbeing Service, and its Be Well-Talk Now service gives you access to support from an adviser by phone or live chat, 24 hours a day, to talk you through any concerns you might have.
Getting academic feedback
Feedback on your assignments: what it is and how to use it explains how to use your tutor's feedback for your future assignments.
For further advice about your academic progress, you are advised to contact your Director of Studies or Personal Tutor.
Updated February 2024