Visiting undergraduate students
If you are at any university outside the UK, you can apply to study at Bath for one semester or a full academic year.
As a full-time, fee-paying visiting student, you can study units from a single undergraduate degree course. You can apply to any one of these departments:
- Biology and Biochemistry
- Chemical Engineering
- Computer Science
- Mathematical Sciences
- Mechanical Engineering
- Natural Sciences
- Pharmacy and Pharmacology
You can only choose units from one department.
How to apply
- Choose the department you want to study in.
- Check the tuition fees. This will depend upon nationality, domicile and department of study as well as the length of stay. If you are unsure, please contact us.
- Complete the application form by following the instructions.
- The academic department at Bath will assess your application. They will send you an email within eight weeks telling you their decision.
- Your offer letter will tell you if you have been allocated a place in our University accommodation and, if so, how to apply for it.
- We will send you information about how to apply for a study visa to the UK after you have accepted your offer of admission.
Application deadlines for studying here in 2022/23
- 1st April for semester 1/full academic year
- 15th October for semester 2
Your study programme
Bath uses the European Credit Transfer System (ECTS). You must take between 24-30 ECTS credits each semester from one of the Departments listed above. As a visiting student, you will not be allowed to take units outside the undergraduate degree course you have selected.
You must include your unit choices in your application in order of preference. The new module lists for 2022/23 will be available in the Programme & Unit Catalogues.
Fees for visiting undergraduate students
You will normally pay your tuition fees based on the length of time you study at Bath. This is calculated weekly based on a 30-week academic year.
See the full undergraduate tuition fees.
Visiting postgraduate students
You will normally pay your tuition fees based on the length of time you study at Bath. This is calculated weekly based on a 52-week academic year.
The Doctoral College manage visiting students at a postgraduate research level. They may have different procedures and tuition fees, so contact them for details.
We cannot accept visiting students for taught postgraduate master's degree programmes (MA and MSc).
English language requirements
All of our programmes are taught in English. You will need to show that you have a satisfactory level of spoken and written English before you come here.
The usual minimum entry requirement for entry as an Erasmus, Exchange or Visiting student at the undergraduate level is B2 level in the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR) in the four components – reading, writing, speaking and listening.
All non-native speakers are required to demonstrate that they have achieved this level.
Your English qualification must be from the UK Visas and Immigration list of approved English language tests and has to be taken within two years of the start date of your studies here at Bath.
All prospective international students coming to study in the UK for a course lasting more than 6 months, including those from the EU, EEA (except Ireland) and Switzerland who have not secured other immigration status on or after 1 January 2021, will need to apply for a Student visa and receive a decision, before they arrive. Students who are intending to enrol on a Pharmacy programme of any length that includes rotations must also apply for this visa.
Students intending to come to the UK to study a course lasting less than 6 months may be eligible for a Standard Visitor visa.
More information can be found on our Student Visa Page.