What we offer
We manage the procurement of a full range of printed publications and products, including:
- magazines and brochures
- leaflets, flyers, postcards and invitiations
- exhibition stands
- roller banner and pop stands
- window graphics and signage
- vinyl banners
- direct mail and envelope stuffing
- name badges
- branded promotional items
- University of Bath branded promotional items
- letterheads, compliment slips and business cards
- folders, notepads and sticky notes
Our service delivers:
- printed items that are produced cost effectively through economies of scale via a framework of approved suppliers
- high quality products produced following our rigourous quality standards
- print expertise to advise you on the right specification for your budget and purpose
- advice and guidance on production lead times and processes
We will take care of the whole process of getting an item printed from the initial design through to sourcing the best quality and value print.
How to order a print job
Whether you already have a specification, or if you simply need advice, we will work with you to establish your printing requirements.
To enquire about getting an item printed, email email@example.com
The print production process
The following explains how the process works:
- we will confirm the print specification with you or the designer
- we will collate printer's quotations from the framework of suppliers
- we will send you a quotation with any recommendations, we will usually supply the quote to you within 24 hours
- if you are happy to proceed, you will accept the quote and raise an Agresso order
- on receipt of an Agresso order and the artwork file we will send the artwork to the printer
- within 2 days we will email you a pdf proof for your final approval
- we will contact the printer once you have approved the proof to confirm that they can proceed with production of the print job
- the delivery leadtime will be dependent upon the size and complexity of the print job but will usually range from 5 to 15 working days from approval of the pdf proof
- the printer will deliver most jobs to Print Services
- we will carry out quality checks and arrange for your building porter to deliver the job to you
- payment will be processed through Agresso
Framework of suppliers
We are responsible for the procurement of all printed materials on behalf of the University of Bath.
We buy all printed materials through a framework of external suppliers. Purchasing Services and Print Services undergo an extensive tendering exercise within EU guidelines to select reliable suppliers who can deliver to the standard and quality that the University requires.
Suppliers are approved on the basis of quality and price.
Print Services utilise a framework of suppliers and where possible we try to produce our publications utilising stock sourced from sustainable forests. Many of our suppliers are accredited to the FSC Stewardship which is intended to signify that the product comes from responsible sources — environmentally appropriate and economically viable.
The FSC Chain of Custody (CoC) system allows the tracking of FSC-certified material from the forest to the consumer.
Sharing your feedback
We welcome your suggestions and feedback about this service. Email your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org