View this policy research briefing of a research project to evaluate the impact of the introduction of Front-Of-Pack labels on households’ shopping baskets.
Social Determinants of Health
A Research Theme exploring the wider drivers of health, wellbeing and behaviour. We study economic resources, education, the environment and social networks.
We are interested in:
- the role of information, taxes and incentives
- the determinants of dietary habits
- inequalities in health behaviours
- costs and consequences of health behaviours
- the costs and consequences of urban planning
- housing, health and wellbeing
- climate change
- policies to address pollution and green spaces
- health inequalities
- economic resources
We are interested in the measurement of mental health and wellbeing as well as the causes and consequences of poor mental health.
- the relation between economic resources and wellbeing
- measurement and validation of mental health indicators
- the political and economic consequences of poor mental health
- the relation between physical and mental health
We are interested in whether and how healthcare policies affect health outcomes, behaviours and healthcare quality in high income, and low- and middle- income countries.View our work on healthcare policies