Committee on the office of Vice-Chancellor
Responsible for making recommendations to Council on the appointment of the Vice-Chancellor of the University.
The Committee is responsible for making recommendations to Council on the appointment of the Vice-Chancellor of the University.
- His Royal Highness The Duke of Edinburgh KG GCVO, Chancellor, Chair, ex-officio
- Pamela Chesters CBE, Chair of Council, Deputy Chair, ex-officio
- Jimena Alamo, Students' Union President, co-opted member
- Ian Blenkharn, Director of Education and Student Services, co-opted member
- Professor Dot Griffiths, Member of Council
- Calum Mercer, Member of Council
- Dr David Moon, Member of Senate
- Professor Paul Shepherd, Member of Senate
- Professor Deborah Wilson, Member of Senate
- Sir Peter Gregson, External Advisor
- Richard Brooks, Secretary, Director of Human Resources
Terms of Reference
The successors to the first Vice-Chancellor shall be appointed by the Council after consideration of a report from a Joint Committee consisting of the Chancellor, Chair of Council and two other members of the Council and three members of the Senate; the Chair shall be appointed by the Chancellor (University Statute 5.1)