View more videos »
Our Department has a longstanding commitment to both breadth and excellence in research.
A wide range of substantive interests are represented, all of which contribute to our research groups:
- Globalisation, International Education, Policy and Organisation (GIEPO)
- Philosophy, Language and Educational Practices (PLEP)
- Physical Cultural Studies (pcs@bath)
We also work closely with the International Centre for Higher Education Management.
In recent years, our staff have been particularly noted for our research on:
- International policy issues
- International schooling
- Education for sustainable development
- Educational discourse
- Intercultural communication
- Disability issues
- Sport, physical activity, pedagogy, culture & the body
We welcome applications for potential doctoral studies from all suitably qualified candidates and relevant disciplines.
South-West Doctoral Training Centre
Education is one of five designated pathways within the ESRC-accredited South West Doctoral Training Centre, one of the UK’s largest units of postgraduate research training for social sciences, in collaboration with the Universities of Bristol and Exeter.
For more information about our research, you can contact us.