Involving patients and the public in research
We can support researchers, who are getting help from the Research Design Service (RDS), with PPI in their research.
We aim to make it easier for researchers, who are getting help from the RDS with developing their research, to involve patients and the public in their research. PPI has the following benefits:
- Increased chances of funding success.
- Improved study design and recruitment.
- Relevant research that has an impact.
Our PPI support service
We can provide services and undertake activities to support PPI with a research grant application and to facilitate PPI throughout a research study. These services and activities include:
- Acting as PPI lead on research grant applications.
- Costing PPI activities on research grant applications
- Good practice guidance and facilitation for involving patients and the public – at all stages of the research process.
- Help with plain English summaries and ‘patient friendly’ documents.
- Help and advice on accessing hard to reach groups.
- Links with service users, patient groups and condition specific organisations.
- Facilitating feedback from our Participate Network on research proposals - either face-to-face or online.
If you would like to find out more about how we can support you to involve the public in your research, get in touch.