Our economics degrees are offered with the option of spending the third year on a professional work placement, on a study year abroad, or a combination of the two.
You will be able to take advantage of our established links and partnerships with a wide variety of organisations.
This happens in Year 3 and is a great opportunity to try different careers and improve your employability. Our dedicated placements team is there to help you every step of the way.Find out more about going on placement
At Bath, our departments work together to broaden your choice of single and joint honours degrees, each with their unique perspective.
You can choose from the following undergraduate degree courses based in the Department of Economics:
- BSc (Hons) Economics
- BSc (Hons) Economics with Politics
- BSc (Hons) Economics and Mathematics
Our degrees are designed to give you the skills to open up a wide range of careers. Our students' success is reflected in our rankings:
- 1st for Graduate Prospects in Economics in the Complete University Guide 2024
- Joint 1st for Career after 15 months in Economics in The Guardian University Guide 2024
- 2nd for Graduate Prospects in Economics in the The Times and The Sunday Times Good University Guide 2024
- Joint 5th for Graduate Prospects in Politics in the Complete University Guide 2024
Be part of a diverse community in a great location.
The University of Bath campus is situated just on the edge of what is affectionately known as one of the most beautiful cities in the UK. It is also the 2nd safest university town or city in England and Wales.
As a student, you could be living here, surrounded by beautiful Georgian buildings and Roman history. There is a thriving café culture with plenty of restaurants, a great range of shops, music venues, museums, and a huge number of festivals planned throughout the year.
Most of the key locations are in walking distance of the centre or if you want to travel further afield, there are easy transport links to Bristol or London.