Why study sport at Bath?
There are lots of reasons to study at Bath. Here are our top picks.
Because you know sport and exercise can change lives
See what inspires and drives our students on their chosen sport, exercise and health degree.
Great choice of courses and optional units
You don't need to be good at sport to take a sports degree.
You could explore sport, exercise and health, coaching, management, leisure and physical activity and how the body works.
You can choose from:
- BSc (Hons) Health and Exercise Science
- BSc (Hons) Sport and Exercise Science
- BSc (Hons) Sport Management and Coaching
- FdSc/BSc (Hons) Sport (Sports Performance)
Great sport, teaching and research facilities
Our £35 million Sports Training Village is the centre of sports on campus. You can take part in a wide range of sports whatever your level or ability. The Students' Union also has over 40 sports clubs you can join.
In addition, the Department for Health has five dedicated research laboratories. We have a close connection between research and teaching; theoretical knowledge and skills are directly related to practical application.Explore sport and fitness at Bath
Go on a professional placement
Take advantage of our established links and partnerships with a wide variety of organisations.
This happens in Year 3 and is a great opportunity to try different careers and improve your employability. Our dedicated placements team is there to help you every step of the way.Find out more about placements
Excellent rankings and job prospects
Our degrees are designed to give you the skills to open up a wide range of careers. Our students' success is reflected in our rankings:
- Top 10 in the world for Sports-Related Subjects in the QS World University Rankings 2023
- 2nd for Sports Science in The Times & The Sunday Times Good University Guide 2023
- 2nd for Sports Science in The Guardian University Guide 2023
- Top 5 for Graduate Prospects in Sports Science in The Times & The Sunday Times Good University Guide 2023