- Bain, P. G., Kroonenberg, P. M., Johansson, L. O., Milfont, T. L., Crimston, C. R., Kurz, T., ... & Park, J. (2019). Public views of the Sustainable Development Goals across countries. Nature Sustainability, 2(9), 819-825.
- Hanel, P. H. P., Maio, G. R., & Manstead, A. S. R. (2019). A new way to look at the data: Similarities between groups of people are large and important. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 116(4), 541-562.
- Hanel, P., & Wolf, L. J. (2019). Leavers and Remainers After Brexit: More United Than Divided After All? British Journal of Social Psychology.
- Hanel, P. H. P., Wolfradt, U., Wolf, L. J., Coelho, G. L. H., Maio, G. (accepted). Well-being as a Function of Person-Country Fit in Human Values. Nature Communications.
- Maio, G. R., Haddock, G., & Verplanken, B. (2018). The psychology of attitudes and attitude change. Sage Publications Limited.
- Smith, L. G. E., Blackwood, L., & Thomas, E. F. (2019). The need to re-focus on the group as the site of radicalization. Perspectives on Psychological Science, 1-68.
- Smith, L. G. E., McGarty, C., & Thomas, E. F. (2018). After Aylan Kurdi: How tweeting about death, threat, and harm predict increased expressions of solidarity with refugees over time. Psychological Science, 29(4), 623-634.
- Sweetman, J., Maio, G. R., Spears, R., Manstead, A. S., & Livingstone, A. G. (2019). Attitude toward protest uniquely predicts (normative and nonnormative) political action by (advantaged and disadvantaged) group members. Journal of Experimental Social Psychology, 82, 115-128.
- Verplanken, B. (2018). Promoting sustainability: Towards a segmentation model of individual and household behaviour and behaviour change. Sustainable Development, 26(3), 193-205.
- Wolf, L. J. & Haddock, G., Manstead, A. S. R., Maio, G. R. (2020). The importance of (shared) human values for containing the Covid-19 pandemic. British Journal of Social Psychology.
- Wolf, L. J., Hanel, P. H. P., & Maio, G. R. (accepted). Measured and manipulated effects of value similarity on prejudice and well-being. European Review of Social Psychology.
- Wolf, L. J., Weinstein, N., & Maio, G. R. (2019). Anti-immigrant prejudice: Understanding the roles of (perceived) values and value dissimilarity. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 117(5), 925-953.
Social and Cultural Cognition group publications
Selected publications from the Social and Cultural Cognition group since 2018.