Please note: Applications will open on 1 February 2024
The Summer School is an excellent opportunity for you to study face-to-face at the University of Bath whilst working toward your Doctor of Education (EdD) qualification.
At the Summer School you can:
- exchange ideas with other Doctor of Education (EdD) students and educators from around the world
- meet staff from our Department of Education and students from our MA Education and Postgraduate Certificate in International Education (PGCiE) courses
- enjoy the campus facilities
- visit the world-renowned city of Bath
You can study units at this event if you are a new or current student on our Doctor of Education (EdD) course.
If you are studying your first EdD unit at the Summer School, you will receive an introduction to the course on your first day.
You may only study one unit during the Summer School.
26 June 2024 to 3 July 2024
- Educational Research: Philosophy and Practice (ED60272)
- International Education: Philosophy and Practice (ED60278)
4 July 2024 to 10 July 2024
The unit fee is £2,195.00. There is an additional £55 administration charge per application. See the most recent fees for postgraduate courses.
It will not normally be possible to change units once an application has been made.
Travel and accommodation
You will need to make your own travel and accommodation arrangements. Please check that we are still planning to hold Summer School on campus before confirming any travel or accommodation arrangements that relate specifically to your stay in Bath.
Campus-based accommodation will be available. We'll update this page with details nearer the time.
Enrol for the 2024 Summer School
Applications will open on 1 February 2024.
You must apply for a place on the Doctor of Education course (EdD) course by 1 May 2024, and (after receiving an unconditional offer), you must enrol on the Summer School by 5 June 2024.
You must enrol on the Summer School by 5 June 2024.
If you require a visa to enter the UK, we strongly advise that you apply much earlier than these final deadlines, in order to allow sufficient time for visa processing.