Skip to main content

Responsibilities for maintenance payment

The maintenance work covered by the Campus Infrastructure budget and the jobs your department will be charged for.


The Campus Infrastructure budget covers the upkeep of the existing fabric of buildings. We will charge the costs of other maintenance and improvement works to the department that requests them.

For works that your department will pay for, please submit requests via an Agresso order.

Work chargeable to your department

Your department will be charged if you make a maintenance request for:

  • air conditioning maintenance
  • appliance testing
  • blackboards
  • catering equipment - blocked drains
  • catering equipment - gas service (from local isolation valves)
  • catering equipment - water service (from local isolation valves)
  • coat hooks (additional)
  • curtains, blinds and finishes
  • electrical equipment (departmental)
  • extensions to sockets and circuits
  • fire equipment (when additionally requested by the department)
  • fire trace system (inter-service failure)
  • furniture
  • grease filters
  • grease interception equipment
  • grease traps
  • keys (including keypads, swipe locks and Mag locks)
  • key cutting for doors (we do not cut keys for furniture)
  • lock suites (new for security reasons etc)
  • minor alterations
  • notice boards
  • painting and decorating (as improvement works)
  • portable appliance testing (PAT)
  • picture fixing
  • resisting of any fixed electrical or mechanical installations
  • roller shutters (fitted by client or department)
  • security improvements (window bars, alarms, etc)
  • security locks
  • shelving
  • signposting (departmental)
  • upholstery

Work paid for by Campus Infrastructure

Campus Infrastructure's budget covers maintenance requests (with the exception of those to repair vandalism) for:

  • building fabric (for example, wall plaster)
  • ceiling and ceiling tiles
  • compressed air (central system)
  • door and lock repairs (except those installed at request of department)
  • door springs
  • drainage
  • emergency lighting
  • external doors and windows
  • fire alarms
  • fire door repairs
  • fire equipment (when a legal requirement for building)
  • fixed electrical installations (up to isolator for departmental equipment)
  • fixed lighting
  • floor finishing (maintenance and repairs only)
  • fume cupboard fire trace system (service visits only)
  • gas service to insulation valve (Catering only)
  • gas service (central system)
  • glazing
  • heating systems (central)
  • hot and cold water mains
  • joinery repairs
  • lifts
  • nameplates for doors
  • painting and decorating (as general estate upkeep)
  • plumbing
  • roof repairs
  • structural and building inspections
  • toilet and washroom facilities
  • towel and soap dispensers (only public washrooms)
  • ventilation equipment
  • water mains (central system)


If you have any questions, please contact us.

On this page