The Autumn Careers & Placements Fairs are the largest annual in-person and on-campus careers fairs of the year. Open to all students and recent graduates regardless of course level, year and discipline. Event information and employers opportunities can be viewed on the Career Fair Plus app. Search on your app store to download or register with Careers Fair Plus online.
Downloading the App allows you to see who is attending and helps to inform your pre-event research. Over 200 employers are expected over 5 days - large and small, national and local, and from a range of sectors, including many new employers and a wider range of opportunities than ever before.
- Friday 27 October - business, consulting and finance.
- Monday 30 October - STEM day 1: technology focus including employers with opportunities in technology and analytics, R&D, pharma, and environment.
- Tuesday 31 October - STEM day 2: building focus including employers with opportunities in manufacturing, construction and energy.
- Wednesday 1 November - STEM day 3
- Thursday 2 November - All discipline day (including society, politics, economics, sport, education; and now also featuring business, consulting & finance).
Some employers are will attend more than 1 day and you are welcome to attend as many days or times as you need. Use the Careers Fair Plus app to find out which day your favourite employers will be attending.
App and online
We listened to feedback and this year we are using a free app called Career Fair Plus to host all Fair information and help you decide which days to visit and who to speak to. Download from the App store or Google Play to have access on your phone. Just select University of Bath and the event is listed. You can also view details via Careers Fair Plus on the web.
Make sure you check who is attending each day when the exhibitor lists are released as these will be different each day.
What to expect
- In-person - practice networking, make connections or just lurk!
- Come one day, two days or every day! If you can, its helpful to attend on multiple days or times).
- Download the app to keep on top of employers attending and what day/s via your phone's app store. Search Career Fair Plus.
The Fair is a fantastic opportunity to speak directly to employers, discover new career options and get inspired.
To get the most out of the Fairs, make sure you are well prepared, by thinking about what you want to ask. Consider some of the following suggestions:
- Read the information provided on the app as well as each employers website.
- Make written notes for each employer you intend to meet with and note their responses afterwards. It's OK to ask them for an email contact too.
- Use the app the plan your visit/s to the Fair. Create yourself a 'to meet with' list for the day - check your timetable and prioritise.
Support for students
Preparing for the Fair!
Got questions on how to prepare for the Fair? Not sure how to get the most out of it? Drop in at the Careers Centre over lunchtime Tuesday-Thursday next week to find out more about what is happening. No appointment or prep necessary – just come and ask questions about attending a Fair!
Drop in and prepare for the Fair: Tuesday – Thursday (24th-26th October) 12.00-2.00pm.
We know many of you might be anxious to network in person. If there is an employer you would love to speak with at the Fair but you are nervous to approach them, come and ask one of us from the Careers desk to make the introductions for you!
Quiet conversation areas
If the noise and busyness of the event are overwhelming your conversations, please make use of the quiet areas at the Fair.
Look at our top tips for preparing for the Fair and getting the most out of the event on the day.
We'll be posting live updates on our social media pages from October to remind you to start viewing employers and preparing for the fair days.