Graduate Outcomes information for staff
Find out about the graduate destinations data the Careers Service holds and how to access it.
The Careers Service analyses and disseminates the information from the Destinations of Leavers from Higher Education survey (DLHE) and the HESA Graduate Outcomes survey.
New: Graduate Outcomes Survey
The Graduate Outcomes Survey replaces the Destinations of Leavers from Higher Education survey for 2017/18 leavers onwards. All graduates will be asked to take part in the survey 15 months after they finish their studies.
The survey is owned by HESA, the Higher Education Statistics Agency who have created a website with more information Go to the Graduate Outcomes website.
The first publication released from HESA was Graduate Outcomes Experimental Statistical Bulletin (18 June 2020). View the Experimental Statistical Bulletin.
This includes high level findings and characteristics at a national level for leavers from 2017/18. University of Bath specific reports, and analysis at faculty and programme level, will be shared once further information on derived fields and metrics are available from HESA, OfS Unistats/ DiscoverUni and League Table compilers (expected in Autumn).
How can you help?
Final year students
You can help by communicating these messages to final year students:
- please participate when you are invited to respond to the Graduate Outcomes survey 15 months after leaving Bath
- the responses will be crucial in allowing current and future students to make informed choices and in helping the University of Bath evaluate and promote our courses.
- update SAMIS prior to leaving with contact details (email / telephone)
- if you have new contact details (email or telephone) following graduation please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Mention to graduates who get in touch e.g. providing references, to expect the Graduate Outcomes survey 15 months after leaving and promote the importance of responding (see above), and request that they email email@example.com with any new contact details (email or telephone).
DLHE subject summaries - no restrictions
Summaries for Bath full-time UK and Other EU domiciled first degree graduates in each subject of study and leavers from selected Doctoral programmes, showing examples of job titles, employer names and further study details, are available on our website. These are short summaries suitable for careers guidance and admissions use; for example, Open Day handouts.
DLHE wiki – restricted access
Please contact Jayne Hacker (Destinations Survey Manager) if you have any queries about DLHE or the Graduate Outcome survey.
University of Bath Destinations of Leavers confidential information is available on the DLHE wiki.
For each department standard reports and listings for the following are available:
- Destinations of Leavers from Higher Education HESA survey for all programmes (updated July 2018)
- First Degree and PGT Vital Statistics for DoS [Annual Statistical Data for Programme Monitoring & Review] i.e. graduate / non-graduate destinations including gender breakdown (updated Autumn 2018)
- Annual Graduate Destinations Report (updated Autumn 2018)
- Destinations of December 2017 and December 2018 full-time postgraduate degree and doctorate leavers: Interim Survey - six months after Bath (new February 2020)
Access to the wiki has been restricted to Heads of Department, Directors of Studies and some additional contacts provided by each Faculty / School.
Please contact Jayne Hacker (Destinations Survey Manager) if you have any queries about DLHE or the Graduate Outcomes Survey.