Graduate Outcomes information for staff
Find out about the graduate destinations data the Careers Service holds and how to access it.
The Careers Service analyses and disseminates the information from the Destinations of Leavers from Higher Education survey (DLHE) and the HESA Graduate Outcomes survey.
New: Graduate Outcomes Survey
The Graduate Outcomes Survey replaces the Destinations of Leavers from Higher Education survey. All graduates will be asked to take part in the survey 15 months after they finish their studies.
The survey is owned by HESA, the Higher Education Statistics Agency who have created a website with more information www.graduateoutcomes.ac.uk.
The data will not be published by HESA until 2020. The information and statistics from DLHE 2016/17 therefore have added impact and ‘shelf life’, since it will be the only national destinations data available until 2020.
How can you help?
Final year students
You can help by communicating these messages to final year students:
- please participate when you are invited to respond to the Graduate Outcomes survey 15 months after leaving Bath
- the responses will be crucial in allowing current and future students to make informed choices and in helping the University of Bath evaluate and promote our courses.
- update SAMIS prior to leaving with contact details (email / telephone)
- if you have new contact details (email or telephone) following graduation please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Mention to graduates who get in touch e.g. providing references, to expect the Graduate Outcomes survey 15 months after leaving and promote the importance of responding (see above), and request that they email email@example.com with any new contact details (email or telephone).
DLHE subject summaries - no restrictions
Summaries for Bath full-time UK and Other EU domiciled first degree graduates in each subject of study and leavers from selected Doctoral programmes, showing examples of job titles, employer names and further study details, are available on our website. These are short summaries suitable for careers guidance and admissions use; for example, Open Day handouts.
DLHE wiki – restricted access
Please contact Jayne Hacker (Destinations Survey Manager) if you have any queries about DLHE or the Graduate Outcome survey.
University of Bath Destinations of Leavers confidential information is available on the DLHE wiki.
For each department standard reports and listings for the following are available:
- Destinations of Leavers from Higher Education HESA survey for all programmes (updated July 2018)
- First Degree and PGT Vital Statistics for DoS [Annual Statistical Data for Programme Monitoring & Review] i.e. graduate / non-graduate destinations including gender breakdown (updated Autumn 2018)
- Annual Graduate Destinations Report (updated Autumn 2018)
- Destinations of December 2017 leavers: Interim Survey (new January 2019)
Access to the wiki has been restricted to Heads of Department, Directors of Studies and some additional contacts provided by each Faculty / School.
Please contact Jayne Hacker (Destinations Survey Manager) if you have any queries about DLHE or the Graduate Outcomes Survey.