Why you should apply
The Bath Insights programme will give you a great opportunity to:
- get paid work experience at the university
- develop existing skills and build new ones
- participate in training and induction activities with fellow interns
- attend a celebration event to recognise your achievement
How Bath Insights works
We know finding work experience can be a real challenge for students in years one and two as companies and organisations often ask for evidence of prior experience and skills you may not have had a chance to develop.
Bath Insights is intended to bridge this gap by offering you the opportunity to work on a real project, developing a range of sought-after skills and competencies, while being supported by the host department and colleagues across careers and employability.
Bath Insights is for all undergraduate students in years one and two. If you are studying a distance learning course or visiting the University, on an exchange, you are not eligible to apply.
All roles are at grade two which meets (or exceeds) the real living wage. Interns receive free on-campus accommodation.
Internships span six to eight weeks – the exact length to be determined by the host department.
Internships are full-time with a 36.5 hour week. The format will vary but departments are encouraged to adopt an on-campus or hybrid model.
Where to find advertised roles
All roles will be advertised on the internal jobs portal and student-facing portal, MyFuture. Once all posts are confirmed there will be a jobs feed pulling vacancies through to this site. Please bookmark the page to keep an eye on this webpage for updates.
How to apply
You will need to complete a standard application form and a short statement (300 words) explaining why you want to apply for an internship and what you hope to gain.
Interviews will take place during March/early April with the host departments. Internships start at the beginning of June.
- January to February: host departments scope out projects, complete job advert, and customise the job description
- 1 March to 22 March: applications open
- 23 March to 8 April: shortlisting and interviews
- 1 May: all offers made and accepted. HR onboarding/pre-employment checks (for example, right to work checks and health clearance)
- Week commencing 3 June: pre-internship training and whole cohort induction
- 10 June: interns start
- Week commencing 12 August: post-internship (offboarding)
- Week commencing 19 August: celebration event