Apply for a research fellowship in the Department of Pharmacy & Pharmacology
Advice for postdoctoral researchers on how to apply for fellowships and join the Department of Pharmacy & Pharmacology.
About the department
The Department of Pharmacy & Pharmacology is a centre of excellence for pharmaceutical research that spans medicinal chemistry, pharmacology, pharmaceutics through to clinical pharmacy.
Our research covers three major themes:
University-wide active research networks include:
- Bath Biosensor network
- Cancer Research at Bath (CR@B)
- Centre for Mathematical Biology
- Centre for Regenerative Medicine (CRM)
The Department of Pharmacy & Pharmacology provides an excellent research environment in which to establish a research fellowship.
How to apply
We encourage outstanding candidates to apply for fellowship schemes, from postdoctoral researchers launching independent careers to established senior research scientists.
We have an excellent track record of hosting independent fellows within the department, funded by the BBSRC, BHF, Royal Society and Wellcome Trust.
Recent fellowship success includes the prestigious Senior Wellcome Investigator Award received by Professor Barry Potter.
If you'd like to know more about the opportunities within the department, please contact our Head of Department, Professor Steve Ward or send a curriculum vitae and overall research plan to Dr Amanda Mackenzie.
Selection will be based on your track record plus the ability to meet the criteria of the funding agency, the fit of the research plan with departmental research activities and availability of staff within your research field, to support your fellowship.
- Wellcome Trust Sir Henry Wellcome Postdoctoral Fellowships
- Wellcome Trust Research Career Development Fellowships in Basic Biomedical Science
- Wellcome Trust Principal Research Fellowships
- Wellcome Trust Investigator Awards
British Heart Foundation
- BHF Intermediate Basic Science Research Fellowships
- BHF Senior Basic Science Research Fellowships
- BHF Career Re-entry Research Fellowships
- Royal Society University Research Fellowship
- Royal Society Dorothy Hodgkin Fellowship
- Royal Society & Wellcome Trust Sir Henry Dale Fellowship
- Royal Society Newton International Fellowship
Cancer Research UK
- Cancer Research UK Career Development Fellowship
- Cancer Research UK Population Research Postdoctoral Fellowship
Pharmacy practice/clinical fellowships
- NIHR Fellowship Programme
- The Leverhulme Trust Early Career Fellowships
- The Leverhulme Trust Research Fellowships
- British Academy
- Pharmacy Research UK
Other funding schemes
- Prostate Cancer UK Training, Learning & Development Awards
- Marie Cure Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions Research Fellowship Programme
- Epilepsy Research UK
- Alzheimer’s Society Dementia Research Leaders programme
- Parkinson’s Society Senior Research Fellowships
- Parkinson’s Society Fellowships
- Arthritis UK Fellowship schemes
Dr Lorenzo Caggiano, a past RCUK Fellow and current senior lecturer said:
This fellowship allowed me to gain independence and develop my own research program and was the perfect stepping stone into an academic lectureship.