You will be directed through specific course assignments to engage with interprofessional learning activities; supporting your wider understanding of, and integration into, the healthcare team.
This course has two intakes a year. The next intake will be October 2022.
Uses Bath’s blended-learning style of delivery: you will attend a series of workshops and have your learning at distance supported by our highly experienced educators via our Virtual Learning Environment.
This course is GPhC accredited: successful completion will allow you to apply for annotation as Independent Prescriber on the General Pharmaceutical Council register.
Leads to the award of 30 academic credits (CATS credits), which can be used to contribute to a range of academic awards with us including Postgraduate Certificate, Postgraduate Diploma and MSc.
You will nominate a clinical area in which you'll train as an Independent Prescriber for the duration of the course. You must have existing expertise within this clinical area.
Workshop dates: October 2022 start
The Independent Prescribing course takes place over six months and you'll attend a series of compulsory workshops which will enhance your learning. Some of these run remotely and others are in-person at the University of Bath campus. The workshop dates for the October 2022 running are planned, but subject to change are:
- Workshop days 1 & 2 (Induction): 5 & 6 October 2022 (Remote)
- Workshop day 3: 3 November 2022 (Remote)
- Workshop day 4: 10 November 2022 (Face-to-Face)
- Workshop day 5: 7 December 2022 (Remote)
- Workshop day 6: 4 January 2023 (Face-to-Face)
- Workshop day 7: 26 January 2023 (Face-to-Face)
- Workshop day 8 (Assessment): 1 March 2023 (Face-to-Face)