Skip to main content
University of Bath

Moving out of University accommodation early

Complete an online form to let us know you'll be moving out early.

Request to end your accommodation contract

If you are currently living in student accommodation and you will be moving out before the end of the academic year, complete this online form.

Withdrawing or suspending study

If you suspend or withdraw from your course early, you will have to pay for four weeks’ rent from the date you move out of your accommodation. You will need to move out of your accommodation within two weeks of withdrawing from or suspending your course.

Moving to alternative accommodation

If you choose to move out of your accommodation but are continuing your course, you will have to pay your accommodation fees until the end of your contract. You are not allowed to advertise, sub-let or allow other students to live in your room after you move out - please speak to the Student Accommodation team for advice.

You need to leave your room and return your key before 10am on the day you move out, otherwise you may be charged up to £65 to cover the cost of a replacement key and lock.

Eat and Drink credit

If you have an Eat and Drink card, your credit will end on the day you move out, and your account will be closed. If you have spent more than the allowance for the time you have lived in your accommodation, you will have to pay for the extra spend.