Check if you are eligible
You can apply for University managed accommodation if you have a firm offer from us and:
- you will be starting your first year studying a full-time undergraduate course
- you will be studying a new full-time Foundation Degree in Sports Performance (C601)
- you are a returning student with a specific medical condition or disability, and have been assessed as eligible to apply for our accommodation
- you are a care leaver, estranged student or refugee
- you are an asylum seeker in receipt of a Sanctuary Scholarship
How we allocate accommodation
We have a variety of first year accommodation located on campus and in the city centre.
If you are eligible and apply before the deadline, we guarantee you a place in University managed accommodation.
As part of your application, you pick seven accommodation types you would like to live in, such as en-suite or standard rooms. You will need to rank them in your order of preference from highest to lowest.
Whilst every effort is made to allocate you to one of your preferences, this is not always possible due to availability and demand for some room types.
If you have a disability or diagnosed medical condition that we need to consider when allocating your room, you must complete an additional requirements form and provide some supporting information.
Read our accommodation application terms and conditions to find more about the process of allocating rooms.
Our accommodation is suitable for a range of different budgets. Compare our undergraduate accommodation and prices.
When to apply
Applications for undergraduate student accommodation open on 08 May 2024.
The deadline for guaranteed accommodation is 1 July 2024.
If you miss the deadline, have an insurance offer or a place through clearing
Applications for the waiting list open again on 20 August 2024.
Whilst this is not guaranteed, we will make every effort to place you in our accommodation. This could be an offer of temporary shared accommodation so that you are able to attend the University, whilst we work with you to find a suitable permanent room in our accommodation.
Applying for accommodation outside the standard semester dates
How to apply
Once you have a conditional or unconditional firm offer from the University, you can register to use the accommodation application portal.
It can take up to 48 hours to access our registration system, after you confirm with UCAS that we are your firm choice.
Before you register you must:
- Know your University username and password (complete this form if you have forgotten your password or don’t have your username)
- Read the accommodation application terms and conditions
- Decide the preferred order of your chosen room types
Once you have registered to apply for accommodation, it can take up to an hour for the system to update, so you are able to log in and make your application.
Finding accommodation in the private sector
If you don't want to live in University managed accommodation, you can also live in houses, flats and rooms in Bath and the surrounding area.
We recommend that you use the student accommodation site Studentpad to search for privately managed accommodation, as this lists a large amount of accommodation owned by private landlords in and around Bath.