Check if you are eligible
Make sure you meet our requirements for accommodation before applying.
University managed accommodation
You can apply for University managed postgraduate accommodation if you have a conditional or unconditional firm offer from us and any of these are true:
- you will be a new MA Contemporary European Studies (Euromasters) student
- you will be a new overseas, fee-paying postgraduate
- you have a specific medical condition or disability
- you are a care leaver, estranged student or refugee
- you are an asylum seeker in receipt of a Sanctuary Scholarship
- you are an exchange or visiting student nominated for student accommodation by the International Mobility team
- you are a summer pre-sessional English student with a conditional or combined offer of admission
If you are a home postgraduate student, you can apply for university-managed accommodation, and we will place you on a waiting list. We do not guarantee accommodation, so we recommend that you explore alternative accommodation options in the private sector. Our ResLife support team can offer guidance and advice with this and signpost suitable accommodation options.
University managed Postgraduate accommodation
- Canal Wharf
- Clevelands Building
- Pulteney Court
- Thornbank Gardens
- Green Park House
- Eastwood Green
- Eveleigh Waterside
Privately managed accommodation
Some of our postgraduate accommodations are Nomination properties. You apply via the University of Bath application portal, but your tenancy agreement is with a third party provider. You pay your rent directly to the third party provider (excluding Centurion House).
To apply for nomination accommodation you must have a conditional or unconditional firm offer from us, and you must also be:
- a new overseas, fee-paying postgraduate
- a new UK fee-paying postgraduate
You can also find other private student accommodation, such as a shared house or a homestay.
Finding a guarantor
If you choose to live in one of our Nomination accommodation and wish to pay in instalments, you must have a UK based guarantor. This is someone who will be responsible for paying your rent if you fall into debt whilst living here.
Your guarantor must live and work in the UK on a permanent basis. If you cannot provide a guarantor you can choose from two other options:
- use a guarantor service like Housing Hand
- pay the full rental fee up front at the start of the contract
How much it costs to live in our postgraduate accommodation.
We offer a range of accommodation to suit different budgets. Compare our postgraduate accommodation prices.
When to apply
Applications for postgraduate student accommodation for September 2024 open on 13 March 2024.
Applications close on 1 July 2024. If you are an overseas postgraduate student, meet the eligibility criteria, and apply for accommodation by the deadline, and your course offer status changes from conditional firm to unconditional firm by 31 August, you will be guaranteed accommodation.
If your course status is still conditional firm after 31 August, you are still eligible for our accommodation, but subject to availability when your course offer status becomes unconditional firm.
If you miss the accommodation application deadline
Applications for postgraduate accommodation will open again on 08 July 2024, where you will be placed on a postgraduate waiting list for our accommodation. This is not guaranteed and is subject to availability when your course offer status becomes unconditional firm.
Applying for accommodation outside the standard semester dates
How to apply
Once you have a conditional or unconditional firm offer from the University, you can register to use the accommodation application portal.
It can take up to 48 hours to access our registration system, after you confirm your course offer with the University.
Before you register you must:
- Know your University username and password (if you have forgotten your password or don’t have your username complete this form)
- Decide the preferred order of your chosen room types
- Read the accommodation application terms and conditions
Once you have registered to apply for accommodation, it can take up to an hour for the system to update and you are able to log in to make your application.