If you are from a UK asylum community and looking for taught postgraduate master’s financial study support, you may be eligible for this scholarship.
About the Sanctuary Scholarship
This scholarship scheme is for those coming from UK asylum communities and will provide the opportunity to study a taught postgraduate master’s programme at Bath.
A Sanctuary Scholarship will consist of:
- a fee waiver covering the full cost of tuition fees
- a £10,000 bursary towards your living costs
Find out if you're eligible
You can apply for a Sanctuary Scholarship if you hold one of the following eligible immigration statuses prior to your application to study at Bath. This is either in your own right or as a dependent of someone with this status:
- UK asylum seeker
- UK discretionary leave to remain (as a result of an asylum application)
- UK limited leave to remain (as a result of an asylum application)
- humanitarian protection
You must also be:
- a new postgraduate taught student starting studies in 2018
- resident in the UK
- ineligible to receive taught postgraduate student loans
You may be eligible to apply for and receive UK taught postgraduate student loans even if you have these immigration statuses. For information and guidance visit the UKCISA advice pages.
Eligible programmes of study
To be eligible for the scholarship, you must have applied to study a full-time or part-time course with the degree outcome of:
- stand-alone MRes (includes programmes with a combined Pre-sessional English course)
Please note that these conditions can only be met for courses completed in a maximum duration of two years for full-time programmes or four years for part-time programmes. Part-time programmes must be studied at a minimum of 50% intensity (for example, a programme which would take one year if studied full-time can take up to two years if studied part-time). Distance Learning programmes are also not eligible for this scheme.
How to apply
Applications for 2018/9 entry have now closed.