University of Bath

Applying for University accommodation if you have a diagnosed medical condition or disability

What you should tell us when applying for student accommodation.

Applying for accommodation to suit your circumstances

If you have a disability or a diagnosed medical condition you need to let us know in your accommodation application.

We have wheelchair accessible accommodation and bedrooms with en-suite bathrooms on-campus for those who may need it.

What to include in your application

To apply for accommodation, you must detail your disability or medical condition on the Additional Requirements Application Form along with your supporting medical evidence.

You must submit your application to the Student Accommodation team by 1 July in your year of entry.

Your medical evidence must:

  • contain a diagnosis of the disability or medical condition stated on your application
  • be no more than one year old
  • signed by a doctor or other medical professional
  • printed on headed paper

We can’t accept medical evidence that:

  • has been provided by a family member
  • is submitted as an electronic document, like Microsoft Word

If you are an international student, we will accept medical evidence from a medical professional in your home country. This must be written in English.

Bringing your specialist furniture or equipment with you

You should tell us if you need to bring specialist furniture or equipment with you.

If you have an occupational therapist’s assessment report, you should also send this with your application. This will help the Student Accommodation team when assessing your requirements.

Requesting a room for your carer

If you have a carer and you need them to stay in student accommodation, contact the Student Accommodation team.

The University of Bath is not able to provide carers. You should talk to the The Disability Service to find out about the options available.

Late applications

If you miss the 1 July deadline you can still apply for accommodation although we are unable to guarantee you a room.