We are pleased to announce the 26th Financial Reporting and Business Communication (FRBC) Conference 2023, hosted by the University of Bath School of Management and BAFA FARSIG.
The conference addresses key areas of Accounting and Financial reporting, which are of interest to accounting academics and practitioners and includes:
- The purpose of the modern corporate report
- The effectiveness of financial reporting standards
- Accounting measurement and disclosure
- Sustainability, integrated and environmental reporting
- The composition and format of corporate reports and the role of the visual
- Corporate reporting and accountability in the public sector
- The role of financial reporting and corporate governance in capital markets
- Historical perspectives on financial accounting reporting
Tickets to the conference are now available for purchase.
- Buy your early bird ticket by 1 May 2023 - £230
- Regular tickets will be available between 2nd May 2023 and 30 June 2023 - £265
- Buy your ticket for PhD students - £150
Papers, full or developmental (up to 7,000 words), are invited on the above mentioned topics and on other aspects of financial reporting and business communication. Papers may take empirical, theoretical and conceptual approaches, including case studies or experiments. Papers (please mark as FULL or DEVELOPMENTAL paper) should be submitted by emailing FRBC@bath.ac.uk. The submission deadline is 31 March 2023.
Doctoral students wishing to present in the doctoral stream, a structured abstract up to 1,000 words should be submitted. A Sue Hrasky Scholarship is available for 2023 to doctoral students in the doctoral stream. This comprises a doctoral fee waiver, receipted travel within the UK to the conference, subsistence and accommodation costs related to the conference. All submissions by doctoral students will be considered for the scholarship. The award of the Scholarship will be communicated via email. Abstracts (please mark as DOCTORAL) should be submitted by emailing FRBC@bath.ac.uk. The submission deadline is 31 March 2023.
Accommodation and travel
Getting to FRBC 2023
The nearest train station is Bath Spa. The nearest airport is Bristol Airport. Regular buses run from Bristol airport to the city of Bath.
For some international travel, you may need to fly into London Heathrow or London Gatwick. You can get directly from the airport to the centre of London by using the Heathrow Express or the Gatwick Express. From there, you should get a train from London Paddington to Bath Spa.
There are a number of places to stay in Bath.
- The Francis Hotel
- The Bird Hotel
- The Apex Hotel
- The Hampton by Hilton Hotel
- Oyo Bailbrook Lodge
- Henrietta House
Additionally, the University offers a range of guest accommodation.