Ranked top 5 for Business and Management in The Guardian University Guide 2024, our BSc Business (formerly BSc Business Administration) students are among the best in the UK.
Sponsoring a project offers you:
- high quality, in-depth research on a real business issue, at a reasonable cost
- a chance to raise your profile among students in a competitive graduate marketplace
- results and recommendations of genuine value to your organisation
- research advice from an academic specialist
Our students work with charities, SMEs and multinational corporations locally and all over the world. If you've got an idea for a potential project, we'd love to hear from you.
Project ideas must:
- be of practical value to your organisation
- be suitable for a team to work on
- involve a significant amount of fieldwork and research
If you need further advice about suitable projects, we would be happy to discuss your ideas.
The project fee is £1,000 (+VAT). This covers our administration and supervision of the project process. Charities, start-ups and small businesses may have their fee waived.
You will need to provide an expenses budget for your project team. This will be agreed in advance. The budget covers things like travel and research materials.
Budget size will depend on the scope of the project.
- Road to the top - the impediments to female progression in a professional services firm
- How do SMEs form and implement carbon management strategy?
- Electronic service quality in an evolving online environment
- The impact of online reviews - a focus on the restaurant industry
- Maintaining organisational culture in the face of growth
Research ethics and confidentiality
We teach our students to conduct research to high ethical and professional standards. All data, information and research results will remain strictly confidential.
Our business and management degrees are among the best in the UK.
All BSc Business students do a final year project running from October until April. Read more about our BSc Business degree.
Project teams comprise five or six students with a range of academic specialisms. All students will have completed two six-month work placements as part of their course. They come to the final year project ready and able to deliver quality research.
Feedback about the quality of our students’ research from project sponsors is very positive. Findings and recommendations are routinely implemented by our partner organisations.
Some examples of the organisations we have worked with recently:
- Action on Addiction
- BMW Group UK
- The Egg Theatre Bath
- UN Women UK
‘We were really impressed with the team who worked on this project. We will be using their recommendations to inform our social strategy going forward and give it the focus it needs.’
Sophy Wells, The Real Adventure Unlimited
‘I have been very impressed with how the team have conducted themselves throughout. They have delivered a report which will be truly beneficial for our company as we progress our thinking in this space.’
Emma Bridge, Accenture
‘It was a pleasure working with the team. They picked a challenging subject to cover and the level of depth and insight they went into was first class.’
Ian McCaig, Qubit
‘It has been a pleasure working with this enthusiastic, professional and highly intelligent group of students - every meeting and conversation has been positive and upbeat, and always focused on solutions rather than problems.’
Rupert Tobin, 100% Cotton