Being an Academic Representative is like being a Class President or Course Representative. In this role you will:
- meet new people
- gain skills that employers normally look for
- help improve your coursemates’ experience
You will elect two Academic Representatives for your course in the first weeks of semester 1.
You will be studying with students from all over the world, and for many of you, it will be the first time you've been part of a UK university.
Conversation Club is unique. Native speakers and those speaking English as a second language meet weekly to talk about everyday life.
Have you ever wanted to pitch a business idea? Our Entrepreneurship Week gives you the chance to experience something similar.
Spend a week learning how to develop a business model, working in a team and networking with local entrepreneurs before presenting your idea to a panel of judges.
Future Business Challenge
This week-long challenge involves working in teams to analyse what makes a business resilient. You'll get the opportunity to:
- develop your commercial awareness
- see what companies in the UK are really like to work for
- collaborate with students from other MSc courses
You'll experience two days of unique company visits (in London and elsewhere), guest lectures and team presentations. Past visits have included Google, BMW, PwC, Bloomberg, Rolls Royce, John Lewis, JP Morgan and IBM.
Global Skills Award
This award recognises your skills development and extracurricular achievements during your year at Bath.
To achieve the award, you need to:
- attend Careers and Professional Development Workshops
- participate in 40 hours of voluntary activity outside your MSc course
- write a short reflection on your skills development
For more details, look out for the information sessions in Semester 1.
This is a unique opportunity to work with students from other MSc courses. Use your business and management skills and energy to help the most disadvantaged individuals in our community.
In the Community Challenge you will:
- develop social media-based marketing strategies and campaigns
- do market research to help launch new charity appeals
- plan and deliver events
- fundraise and produce promotional materials
The Big Team Challenge
This is an exciting, interactive, team-building event and gives you the opportunity to meet representatives from some of our Corporate Partners, who sponsor the event.
This is your first opportunity to work in a team with your classmates and compete to win prizes.
Meet a Corporate Partner
You will be invited to the Meet a Corporate Partner event during week 1 and 2. Here you will have the chance to network and find out about job opportunities with companies involved in The Big Team Challenge.